Privacy statement AncoferWaldram Steelplates B.V.
By way of this Privacy Statement,we inform you about the manner in which AncoferWaldram Steelplates BV (AWS) handles (your) personal data. Your privacy is very important to AWS. If you use any of the services provided by AWS, then you provide us with information. In other words, we process privacy-sensitive information, also referred to as personal data. In some cases, we work with other organisations or companies to achieve this.
Careful handling of personal data is a top priority at AWS. Therefore, personal data is handled and secured with the utmost care. Of course, we comply with the applicable privacy legislation in this respect. This implies, among other things, that:
- we clearly state the purposes for which we process your personal data;
- we limit our collection of personal data to only include the personal data that is needed for the purposes for which it is collected;
- we first ask for your explicit consent to process your personal data (when your consent is required);
- we will not share your information with third parties, unless this is necessary to supply the requested service or when we are required to do so by law;
- when we share your information, we make agreements with third parties to ensure that the information that's shared is not used for other purposes, etc.;
- we take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data and require the same from parties that process personal data on our behalf;
- we respect your rights when you ask to view your personal data, to have your personal data amended and/or to have it deleted.
Use of personal data
When you use our services, you provide us with specific information. This information may include personal data. Depending on the services and functionalities that you use, we may process the following personal data pertaining to you:
- company details;
- email address;
- information entered by you in an open field, like our contact form on the website;
- telephone number;
- IP address.
We would also like to send you personalised information on new products or promotional activities. We do this per email or post. We will only send you such emails after you have registered and consented to receive emails of such a nature. Each email contains an 'unsubscribe' link. AWS' website may contain links to other websites. We do not, in any way, accept liability for the content or privacy statements of such sites..
We process the above information for one or more of the following purposes:
- to offer you personalised emails and content;
- to present you with personalised offers;
- to answer your questions;
- to supply the requested information on AWS' products and/or services;
- to implement a service agreement concluded with you.
Applicants’ personal data
All personal data that applicants provide to AWS (personal details, curriculum vitae, motivational letter) will be treated with care and confidentiality, in accordance with the GDPR, and will be used solely for the purpose for which provided. Applicants' personal data will not be provided to third parties.
An applicant's personal data will not be retained for longer than strictly necessary.
Conveyance to third parties
We will not share your personal data with other companies or organisations, except when necessary for the provision of our services or when required by law. For example, the police may request information from us in connection with a fraud investigation. In that case, we are obliged to share the information.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are sent to your computer when you access our website and stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive. The information that is stored by a cookie can be returned to our servers during your next visit.
We combine your personal data from various sources in order to provide you with the best possible visitor experience. We also combine this information with the details that you provide via our website.
Combining your details enables us to present to you personalised offers and content on various websites, based on your interests and shopping history. This helps us to supply better, more targeted information.
Different types of cookies
We differentiate between functional and non-functional cookies. Functional cookies are essential and help the website function properly. They ensure, for instance, that you stay signed in to websites if you want to. AWS also uses non-functional cookies. These cookies are not essential for the website's proper performance. The various cookies all serve different purposes that help us to improve our service. We use analytical cookies, for example, to provide you with the best possible visitor experience. This information tells us which parts of the website are popular and which parts have room for improvement. We also use tracking cookies so that we can present you with personalised offers.
It is important for you to have control over your online privacy. Therefore, we want to inform you as thoroughly as possible about the types of cookies that we use and the purposes for which they are used. We use the following types of cookies:
- Technical cookies that ensure that the website works properly;
- Statistical cookies that help us to collect anonymous information on how the website is used;
- Preference cookies that help to remember your preferences, like your preferred language, etc.;
- Marketing cookies that register your surfing behaviour.
Security and retention
We take appropriate security measures to limit misuse and unauthorised access to your personal data. We ensure that only essential parties have access to this information, that the access to this information is controlled, and that our security measures are reviewed on a regular basis.
We will not store your details for longer than necessary. In other words, we will keep your details for as long as needed to provide the service that you requested. An exception to this rule concerns the information that we are required by law to store for a longer period.
Changes to our privacy statement
This Privacy Statement is subject to change. Any changes will be published on our website. It is, therefore, advisable to consult this Privacy Statement regularly so as to inform yourself of possible changes.
Perusal and changes to your details
You may contact us if you have questions or want to know which personal data we have in our possession pertaining to you. Refer to the contact details below.
In addition, you have the following rights:
- clarification of the personal data in our possession and what we use it for;
- the perusal of your personal data;
- to request the correction of errors;
- to request the deletion of outdated personal data;
- to withdraw your consent;
- to object to a specific instance of use.
Filing a complaint
Please contact us via the contact details below if you feel that we are not processing your personal data correctly. If we can't settle the matter together, then you have the right, pursuant to privacy legislation, to submit a complaint to the Dutch Data Protection Authority (the privacy regulator).